October is the American Humane Association’s Adopt-A-Dog Month
What Can An Adopted Dog Bring To Your Life?
There are as many responses to that question as there are dogs in this world! That’s why — during American Humane Association’s Adopt-A-Dog Month celebration in October — we’re encouraging people to adopt a shelter dog and experience the joy of finding their own answers.
Are you looking for:
* an exercise buddy?
* a best friend and confidant for your child?
* a dog you can train with to learn animal-assisted therapy?
* a partner in agility competitions?
* a constant companion for your favorite senior citizen?
* a fuzzy face to greet you after a hard day at work?
An adopted dog can be all these things — and so much more!
Your local shelter is the perfect place to find dogs of every type, size, age and personality — all waiting for a loving home. Or, if you prefer a particular breed that isn’t currently available at a shelter, go online to find a breed-specific rescue group in need of adopters like you.
Find out what a shelter or rescue dog can bring to your life this October during Adopt-A-Dog Month!